Saturday 12 November 2016

Tomorrow I am off to Hokitika!

I have been working steadily since leave Hokitika back in September, and managed to clock up enough hours to count as about a third of the number of working days while we were away in the UK.

Since we've been home, I have worked most days and officially started back at work last Monday.

But tomorrow I am back off down to Hokitika - can't wait to see the team down there again! And this week we are going up to Waiuta to see the finished site. All the remediation work has been done, so the Governance Group, the primary contractor and I are taking a trip up there to have a look at it.

I am excited, even though there is a weather warning in place that there may be snow that day. Thermals are ready to go in the suitcase, along with heavy duty socks, gloves and scarf. And I am planning on borrowing David's possum hat.

Later that afternoon I am running a Lessons Learned Workshop with the team, and then we are going out to celebrate the success.

Getting this project completed has been a long time coming - it was conceived years before I came on the scene. So it is great that it is finally done.

Photos at the end of the week.

And in the meantime, it is on to the next mine site to be remediated. Planning is done, design is being reviewed this week. It's all go go go.

No comments: